Ingredients for Seared Salmon with Roasted Vegetables:
|4 salmon fillets
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
|Salt and black pepper, to taste
|2 teaspoons paprika
|1 teaspoon garlic powder
|1 teaspoon dried thyme
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary
|1 red bell pepper, sliced
|1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
|1 zucchini, sliced
|1 red onion, sliced
|1 cup cherry tomatoes
|Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
|Lemon wedges, for serving
Methods for cooking Seared Salmon with Roasted Vegetables:
- Place the salmon filets on a plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the salmon filets, pressing it gently to adhere.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Heat a Vardaan stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned salmon filets, skin-side down, and sear for about 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and browned. Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- While the salmon is cooking, spread the seasoned vegetables in a Vardaan stainless steel pan and flash fry in a tablespoon of oil on high heat until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the skillet with the salmon from the heat and allow the fish to rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the seared salmon with roasted vegetables, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. Squeeze lemon wedges over the salmon before serving for a burst of citrus flavor.