Ingredients for making Shakshuka:
|2 tbsp olive oil
|1 onion, finely chopped
|1 red bell pepper, diced
|2 cloves garlic, minced
|1 tsp ground cumin
|1 tsp paprika
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
|1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes or 4-5 tomatoes, blanched and chopped
|Salt and pepper to taste
|4-6 large eggs
|Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Cooking Method of Shakshuka:
- Heat olive oil in a large Vardaan Cookware’s Trio SALS pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and diced red bell pepper. Sauté until softened and slightly caramelized, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, ground cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes (with their juices)or the chopped tomatoes. Stir to combine all the flavors and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Create small wells in the tomato mixture with a spoon. Carefully crack eggs into the wells. Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook gently in the tomato mixture until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, remove the skillet from the heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Serve the shakshouka directly from the skillet with crusty bread or pita for dipping and scooping up the flavorful tomato and egg mixture.
Enjoy your delicious homemade shakshuka, a hearty and flavorful dish perfect for any time of day!